To some extent, the public does not always understand or appreciate the costs associated with arranging a funeral service. A funeral director can be involved with completing numerous tasks which can occupy up to 80 hours of time. The services and human resources of a funeral home are continuously available 24 hours per day, answering calls that come at the ring of a telephone or the sound of a doorbell. When choosing a funeral home, there are guideposts to steer by to help you with your decision making.
- Have you met the funeral director in your community?
- Do you know their personal and professional reputation?
- How long have they been serving their community?
- What has been the experience of relatives, friends and
- Does the funeral home have the facilities and are they able to handle all of your needs? (i.e. seating capacity, reception
services, and facilities)
- Will the funeral home provide you with an itemized price
Be an informed consumer. Don’t be reluctant to ask questions.