Check your settings when you are happy with your print preview press the print icon below.Show Obituaries Show Guestbook Show Photos QR Code Print
May 21, 1928 - October 1, 2014
Jean Carol (nee Miller) Pumple Howe was born 21May, 1928 in Rochester, NY to Ralph Miller, an early Sales Manager at IBM, and Blanche Gilbert, housewife, both of Ohio. Jean is survived by her sister Judy Jones and sons in Winnecone, WI, and her brother-in-law George Gough and children in Lower Sackville, NS. She is also survived by her sisters-in-law Eileen Jensen, husband Guy and niece Robin and Steve Kilistoff and family in Saanichton, Mary Taylor and family in Quebec and BC, Ann Pumple in Trenton, ON and their families in WA, ON, QC and RI, and Viola Howe and children here in Sidney. Jean was predeceased by her youngest sister Phyllis Gough in 2011, and by her husband Richard Howe in 1983.
Jean had seven children, who owe her their strength of character and great humour. Left to mourn are:
- Daughter Deborah Miller and partner David Denning on SaltSpring
- grandsons Brian Davies and wife Emily in Gibson’s Landing
- Chris Davies and wife Lindsay in Victoria
- Sam Davies and wife Desiree, and
- great-grandsons Rylan and Kieran in Victoria
- Son Rick Pumple and wife Deanna in Victoria,
- granddaughter Tammy Borland and husband Rob and
- greatgrandchildren in Lund, near Powell River
- granddaughter Robin Johnson and husband Steve, and
- greatgrandson Ryan in Sorrento, BC
- grandson Tim Kier and wife Val Pumple, and
- greatgrandchildren Jules, Emery and Jacqueline in Victoria
- Son David Pumple and
- granddaughters Isabel and Erika in Cobble Hill
- Son Reed Pumple in Sidney BC and Trenton ON, partner Elaine (Chick) Mills Quick in Trenton ON
- granddaughter MariLee in Vancouver and
- grandson Matt in Victoria
- Daughter Sue Steel and husband Paul in Victoria
- granddaughter Carla Graham and husband Nick, and
- great-granddaughter Elsie Jean in Vancouver, and
- grandson Jack Steel in Victoria
- Daughter Nancy Izatt and husband Dave
- grandson James and
- granddaughter Heather in Burnaby
- Daughter Victoria Hunter and husband Ivan, and
- grandsons Reece and Jesse in Delta/Kelowna.
Jean also leaves behind many friends in Sidney and across Canada, and many relatives in Ontario, Quebec, Washington State and Rhode Island. Jean was a navy wife, part of CNAG in Sidney, and was a member of St Paul’s United Church in Sidney for many years.
A celebration of Jean’s life will be held on Saturday November 1st, 2014 at 2pm at St Paul’s in Sidney, with a reception to follow, also at the church. Please join us for a tea, with a toast to Jean partway through the reception.